Pai Gow Game
Pai Gow is a poker game based on traditional Chinese Pai Gow and often referred to as Double-Handed Poker. Instead of dominoes, the game uses playing cards and the values for winning hands are determined using the values for poker hands. Pai Gow is a slow paced game known for draws so money is not exchanged during every hand. This is a fairly low risk game enjoyed by players who prefer a leisurely and tranquil card game. The owner of an American casino created Pai Gow during the mid 1980’s but the popularity increased due to online gaming.
The players at the table are playing against the banker. This is usually a casino dealer but can be one of the players. The game has a social feel because the players generally win or lose together. When Pai Gow is played online, the players are always playing against the dealer. This is not a difficult game to understand but it may appear a little complicated at first. Anyone familiar with poker should have no difficulty learning and understanding the game.
The chances of winning at Pai Gow increase by approximately 0.15 percent when a good strategy is used. This can make a tremendous difference during a long session. Casinos sort the cards in a specific way to help establish the odds. These odds can be improved with a few basic strategies and decrease the house edge ti 2.69 percent, The rules are easy to remember because they are logical.
1) If dealt one pair, it should remain in the hand with five cards while the two highest cards are moved to the hand with two cards.
2) If dealt three pairs, the pair with the highest ranking should be moved to the hand with two cards.
3) If dealt a three of a kind, it should remain in the hand with five cards and the two highest cards should be moved to the hand with two cards.
4) If dealt two three of a kinds, the one with the lower ranking should remain in the hand with five cards and the higher pair should be moved to the hand with two cards.
5) If dealt two pairs and a three of a kind, the smaller full house should remain in the hand with five cards and the high pair should be moved to the hand with two cards.
6) If dealt a full house, the three of a kind should remain in the hand with five cards and the pair should be moved to the hand with two cards.
7) If dealt four of a kind, only items 7 or larger should be split. The 7’s through 10’s should only be split if another card is a king or an ace. If the four of a kind is jacks or higher, it should be split between both hands.
8) If dealt a hand including a straight flush with no or only one pair, the straight flush should be kept with the two highest cards not a part of the flush moved to the hand with two cards.
9) If dealt a hand with a flush or straight flush containing two pairs, the straight or flush should be broken up with the lower pair in the hand with two cards and the other in the hand with five cards.
10) If dealt a hand with a flush or straight and a three of a kind, do not break up the flush but move a pair from the three of a kind into the hand with two cards.
Once the player understands how to play Pai Gow, it is important to understand the payouts. One of the reasons the game is so exciting to play are the bonus payouts. The player is given the option to make a bonus wager. They win a bonus if they hit a big hand. The actual bonus amount is dependent on the size of the bet and the hand received by the player. Once the player has registered to play Pai Gow with an online casino, several exclusive bonus offers will become available. Live Mahjong Pai Gow provides a bonus when the player initially makes their deposit. This is often a bonus for $200 used by the player to make their bets.
Live Mahjong Paigow
Live Mahjong Paigow enables the player to make bets on three different player hands. The player can make a bet to win, lose, tie or be dealt pairs. The banker hand is played by the dealers. The goal is to beat the hand of the dealer. The bets placed on Live Mahjong Pai Gow start at $1 and increase to a maximum of $500. This means both casual gamers and high rollers play the game. For players new to the game, the $1 bets are an excellent way to learn. This game is mainly a combination of chance and luck.